Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Interstate Truck Drivers HC & MC | Melbourne
Don Watson Transport, a leading refrigerated transport company servicing the East Coast of Australia, is currently seeking skilled, experienced and dedicated truck drivers to join our team. We have multiple immediate start positions available based out of our Melbourne depot for Linehaul or Changeover drivers.
Requirements: To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a current HC or MC Licence
- Have a minimum of 12 months truck HC/MC experience
- Possess a good driving history and provide a recent 5-year traffic history report
- Be able to drive at night
- Hold BFM certification or be willing to obtain it through us
- Pass a pre-employment heavy vehicle medical check, drug & alcohol test, and driving assessment
- Road ranger gearbox experience an advantage, however both manual and automatic trucks available
Why Choose Don Watson Transport?
- Modern and Safe Equipment: As part of our commitment to safety and quality, you'll be driving late model, well-maintained trucks equipped with Guardian Seeing Eye technology and other safety features. We have K200's ready to go for the right drivers.
- Depots in Major Cities: With depots located in Melbourne, Brisbane, Wodonga, and Sydney, you'll have access to full driver facilities at each site, including an exclusive linehaul driver gym.
- Family-Oriented Environment: Being a family-owned business, we value the importance of family. Our Passenger Rider Program allows you to bring along a family member, partner, or friend for the journey, sharing the road experience with your loved ones.
- Comprehensive Induction and Support: We prioritize the well-being of our employees. New drivers will undergo our fatigue management system induction and receive dedicated support from our full-time Driver Manager during the onboarding process
- Access to additional training for the right candidates, including licence upgrades & BFM
Please apply only if you meet the relevant long-distance driving experience criteria for interstate travel. Click the link to start the application process and include the following:
- Up-to-date resume highlighting your driving experience
- A minimum of two contactable references
- A current licence printout displaying your driving history for the last 5 years
- Any additional support requirements needed during the induction program
- Successful applicants will start their working week on either a Sunday or a Monday
- This is a permanent full-time position, and only those with the right to work in Australia should apply
- Agency assistance is not required or permitted
Don Watson Transport values staff from all walks of life and is an equal opportunity employer. Whatever your background - Yes, that includes women of all ages - we'd appreciate the opportunity to have you on board.
Join the Don Watson Transport family today and take the next step in your truck driving career! If you have applied in the past, don't hesitate to reapply. We appreciate your time and effort in considering our opportunity. For any further questions, feel free to reach out. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Don Watson Transport