Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Wetherill Park, Sydney
(plus superannuation & leave loading)
Don Watson Transport is family owned and is one of Australia's leading refrigerated logistics companies offering a diverse range of transport and refrigerated storage solutions. We are looking for a reliable individual to join the team in our Wetherill Park Office, Sydney.
If you are looking for an environment where you can
work with a team that are passionate and positive, this is right for you.
Hours of Work
- 10.30am to 10.30pm Monday to Friday
- 7 hours every second Saturday (8am start)
Main tasks include -
- Driving all types of Trucks & Tugs
- Control yard traffic and parking of trailers at depot
- Coupling and uncoupling trucks
- Communicate loading/unloading delays
- Transporting materials to different locations within the facility
- Across the day Filling up trailers and prime movers using cage fuel bladder attached on a forklift
- Washing out trailers
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency
- Inspecting for damages to Prime movers & Trailers via a daily reporting check sheet
- Overseeing truck and trailer combinations prior to departure
- Loading and unloading Trucks and Trailers
- Keep yard tidy and free of rubbish
- Check that all Drivers have a signed consignment note from Yard Hand when dropping off empty pallets in trailers
- Ensure all trucks and trailers leaving Depot are fueled and at correct temperatures
What we need is someone to demonstrate the following attributes -
- A HC truck license (minimum)
- Forklift Licence would be highly regarded
- Is in good physical condition
- Is results-driven and possess attention to detail
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Has a strong work ethic
- Is able to work autonomously or within a team
- Is energetic and self-motivated
In return we offer -
- Very Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Comfortable Amenities
- Family-Oriented Culture
- Friendly supportive team
Don Watson Transport values staff from all walks of life and is an equal opportunity employer. Join the Don Watson Transport family today and take the next step in your career! We appreciate your time and effort in considering our opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Agency assistance is not required.
Click the link to start the application process.